Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Week 27: June 18 to 24

Last week of school for the semester for Lachlan and Danae. They both got fanatstic reports!!

On Monday Lachlan went to Kidzania for a school excursion and again had a great time there. I went to Chinatown to get some flowers.
Tuesday, I went to KLCC in the morning, then came home and tidied up for Mum and Dad's visit. In the evening I helped Lachlan with his assignment and Steve went to pick up mum and dad from the airport.
They arrived at Dua at about 9:30. Lachlan and Danae ended up staying awake to see them, they were very excited.


 Wednesday I took Mum and Dad for a walk around KLCC. We went to Suria, the Pavillion and a little around Bukit Bintang. We had char kwoy teow and popiah at the Pavillion for lunch.
Thursday we mostly stayed at home, Steve had a study day and had a lunch meeting with the American Defence Atache. We went into the High Comm for some admin stuff in the morning. We went to Las Carretas in Ampang for dinner.
Friday I took Mum and Dad to Ben's at KLCC for lunch and to the bank, then in the afternoon we went to pick up the kids from school on their last day, so Mum and Dad could see the school. We went for a swim when we got home, then ordered pizza.

Saturday was a great touristy day. We went to Batu Caves in the morning, then the Royal Selangor Factory tour in the afternoon. Batu Caves was fantastic! We had planned on going earlier in the year, but figured we may as well wait until we had visitors. It is several Hindu temples built in a huge cave on the side of a hill on the outskirts of KL. There are 270 steps up to the mouth of the cave, I am glad we went earlier and it was overcast! On the way out of Batu Danae and I got henna designs on our hands.
We then went to the Royal Selangor Factory and learnt all about the history of the Royal Selangor brand and about pewter making. We saw how some of the items are made, and all had a go at doing the hammered pattern.


On Sunday, Mum and I went to Midvalley Mall, the biggest mall in KL. Steve, Dad and the kids went to Antipodean for breakfast, then had a swim. In the evening we all went to Suzi's Corner for satay, steak and roti tissue.


1 comment:

  1. I don't comment but I do read. I have been thinking of you all this week and I am glad everyone is going well.

    Great to see Marion and Kevin over there with you.

    Danae has really grown up from the picture here.

    All my love
    Carrollyn

    ReplyDelete