Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Week 49: Nov 19 to 25

I had lunch at Levain with Cathy, then we did a bit of shopping for Christmas presents on Monday.
Tuesday I went on a lego advent calendar search at Mid Valley, which was a success!! I got the Friends advent calendar for Danae (I had already got the Stars Wars one for Lachlan at Legoland). The kids got their calendars in the afternoon, as it's 25 days until we leave. We met up with Kate, a collegue of Steve's who we knew from Sydney and took her to Jalan Alor.
On Wednesday I did a drawing workshop with a lady I had met at one of the expat Christmas bazaars. It was really interesting and we learnt about relaxing through doodling, right and left brain, and we did some zantangling. That night I took Kate and Corrine (who was also here instructing, and Steve knew from ADFA) to ladies night at the Traders.
Thursday we had a High Comm spouses morning tea, again at Levain. Then I met up with a scrapbooking aquiantance who was here in Malaysia for a wedding. We had a coffee and did some shopping around Bukit Bintang.
Danae came home with an award on Friday and Steve and I went out for dinner at Frangipani. Ever since I had gone there with the girls, I had wanted to take Steve.
We had a quiet morning on Saturday, then we took Kate out to Bukit Melawti to see some monkeys, Chinese seafood dinner on the river and a river cruise to see the fireflies at Kuala Selangor. It was a great night!
Sunday we went to Chinatown in the morning and a Chrismas party at Rod and Gail's in the afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment