Saturday, May 12, 2012

Week 20: April 30 to May 6

Oh my goodness this is so late, not because I have been busy but because I have had computer issues and been a bit lazy! So sorry. 

Exam week for Steve this week so mostly late nights and staying home. Exam timetable for Steve was: mon- strategic studies; wed- strategic management; thur- Malaysian foreign policy; fri- International relations. He also had 7 assignments due this week! Having said that though Tuesday was a public holiday (we do get quite a few public holidays here but not that many fall on a Monday or Friday, so we can't get away for the weekend). We did go out for dinner on Monday night. We had heard a few good things about a Mexican restaurant in Ampang ( about a 5 min drive from our place) so we finally went there Monday night. The food and margaritas were really good. I really wanted to try the Wagyu cheeks with foie gras ( for about $30, which is a lot to pay for a meal here) so Steve and I shared it as well as a cheaper meal. It was sooo yummy! The kids had steak and chicken with mushroom sauce, salad and fries.
Tuesday afternoon we had Lachlan's friends Ryan and Wesley over for a play and a swim.
Wednesday and Thursday I spent time with Toni. On Wednesday we went to IKEA and the shopping centre next door and Thursday we went to a local market in Chow Kit, it was really interesting, but all I bought was 500 grams of mangosteens and a pomegranate, for a total of $3.
Thursday night we went to klcc and had some cheap local food to get out of the house.
Friday I met Steve at the Pavillion and we had lunch together at Malones Irish Bar.
The weekend was spent at home with a few swims in the pool or short trips to the mall to get out of the house and give Steve a break. I did a scrapbook layout, the first one since I have been here.


No comments:

Post a Comment