Monday, May 14, 2012

Week 21: May 7 to 13

Happy Mother's Day for yesterday, especially to Mum, Robyn and Liz. This photo was from last week, but I didn't put it in. The kids wrote me a Mother's Day message and put it on the mother's tree at a store when we were at Midvalley Mall.
 Things got a little more back to normal this week. Steve had his last exam and last 2 assignments due on Monday.
We went out twice for dinner this week, once to the Japanese restaurant here at Dua ( I am surprised it took us this long to try it) and to the German place for schnitzel.

The kids are back into school routine and getting ready for their athletics carnival. They have been practicing in sport and PE and apparently Danae did really well at high jump.

super moon; Danae's outfit (with bed hair); Mother's Day presents; Wendy, Mel and Cathy @Dish; dinner at Kiroshima on tuesday.
 Steve had Friday off, but didn't find out until Wednesday so it was too late to go anywhere. So we went out to Damansara and had a look around the Curve, then went to a brewhouse (that Steve has been wanting to go to for a while) and had lunch and tried some beers. Then we went to IKEA, that was were we parked the car and if you buy something there you get free parking (well that was my excuse anyway!). Then on the way home we went to Lasting Impressions warehouse, they have some really beautiful restored antique Chinese furniture.
When we got home Lacksmi, the lady who does our cleaning, had left an Indian style outfit that her daughter had made for Danae (she asked me last week for her measurements). So sweet!
Friday night we had some drinks by the pool with a few people that we know from Dua and the NZers. I was invited out the next night to a degustation and wine pairing at the steakhouse here at Dua.

Saturday we went shopping around Bukit Bintang because I had a store voucher that needed using before it expired and I wanted to show Steve a sports store I had seen the week before when I was on my own. Here is a run down of what we bought; Diadora thongs for Lachlan ($6); thongs and a running top for Steve ($17); football boots for Lachlan ($8); a pair of sandals for me ($8); swimmers for Danae (would have been $20, but I used my vouchers and only had to pay the remaining $3) and we had Japanese for lunch ($30). I love this place!

Saturday night was fantastic, I went out with Mel (another Aussie, whos daughter goes to school with Lachlan and Danae, but they are moving soon to Dubai), Lachlan's friend Eve's mum (they moved from Dua last week, but are still in KL) and Lachlan's best friend Ryan's mum, Cathy. It was kind of an introduction for the new chef here.

 Mother's Day was lovely, after a bit of a sleep in and a slight hangover, we went to Publika for brunch at Plan B, then some cute handmade markets, some grocery shopping and home for a swim in the afternoon. I was very spoilt with gifts.


No comments:

Post a Comment